Location Address:2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Possible Sign-on Bonus up to $5,000.
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
Full Time Evenings 4p-12:30a. 30 Minute Call Required on rotating weekends and holidays.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Picks up used/contaminated equipment, trays, instruments and carts from appropriate area including operating room at designated times and processes for appropriate decontamination/sterilization, use or storage.
· Inspects all instruments for cleanliness and condition, removing defective items.
· Assembles and/or restocks all trays, kits and packs pursuant to department policy and procedures and priority level, verifying that they have been properly wrapped and labeled.
· Operates sterilizers, washers and other processing equipment in accordance with department policy, maintaining accurate and detailed sterilization records.
· Demonstrates knowledge of medical and product terminology as well as the location of trays, instruments, supplies and equipment to expedite service.
· Re-sterilizes/replaces all dated items prior to or on outdate, having a complete knowledge of sterilization methods, requirements and responsibilities.
· Has knowledge of and observes all infection control policy and procedures at all times.
· Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
· Delivers items processed by Sterile Processing. Orders and puts away supplies as needed.
· Works closely with the personnel in the Surgical Services Department, the Outpatient Care Center, and other Hospital departments in a cooperative effort. Demonstrates good customer relations and good telephone etiquette, responsive to physicians/staff/departmental and patient needs.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma required upon hire
· On the job training at FHWC
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 3 years sterile processing experience preferred
· 3 years of surgical tech experience in multi-specialty setting with OB/GYN experience preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· 1 hour Hip and Knee Replacement education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
Completely performs all functions in processing to ensure and facilitate the provision of quality service, at all times, to all customers. Works under general supervision. This individual will often coordinate his/her work to meet the ever-changing needs of the department/hospital. Assures a safe environment for patients and staff in the Hospital
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.