Location Address:2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Sign-on Bonus with eligibility
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
The role you’ll contribute:
The personal Trainer reports to the Director of Community Wellness at the Health & Wellness Center (HWC) at Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel (FHWC), provides one-on-one or small group fitness
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Provides any or all of the following fitness/personal training services:
· Provides one-on-one or small group personal training.
· Performs fitness tests, including cardiovascular and non-cardiovascular testing: provides consultation regarding test results.
· Develops exercise prescriptions and programs based on member’s health and fitness needs and desires, specifying fitness equipment and routines.
· Provides fitness supervision. Provides exercise instruction and explains and demonstrates use of fitness apparatus and equipment. Offers oral instruction on fitness technique and recommends corrective adjustments. Observes member engaged in fitness activities to ensure safety rules and regulations are adhered to.
· Provides optimum support and encouragement to help members achieve desired fitness related goals. Follows up with current and past clients regarding their progress.
· Maintains open communication with Fitness staff regarding any potential issues on the fitness floor, such as equipment malfunctions, scheduling conflicts and/or programming concerns.
· Provides fitness floor services, exercise and wellness classes, and corporate health services as schedule permits.
Qualifications - External
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
B.S. Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
At least Three years’ experience in related field.
BLS and AED American Heart Association Certification required upon hire
Holds at least one certification through a nationally recognized organization within the area of health and fitness. Certification achieved through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) or National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) upon hire
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.