YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for:
• AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
• A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
• Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
The role you’ll contribute:
The Advanced Technician II performs patient care under the direction of and as assigned by the Charge nurse, registered nurse and/or physician or their designee. Performs general clinical, non-clinical and clerical services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Utilizes age-specific competencies in the care of all patient populations. Adheres to the AdventHealth Orlando corporate compliance plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Attaches 12 lead EKG’s and completes test before giving strip to physician on duty. Initiates cardiac monitoring and performs venipuncture for testing. Initiates cardiac monitoring, demonstrates ability to detect dysrhythmias and notifies the assigned nurse or charge nurse of abnormalities. Initiates oxygen therapy as directed by RN or Physician.
· Inserts peripheral IV’s, hangs IV fluid without medication and maintains prescribed IV flow rates. Observes and documents condition of infusion site. Removes IV Lines as directed by RN.
· Transports unmonitored patient to inpatient departments as needed, transports stable (no blood infusion drips or no oxygen > 50%) monitored patients to PCU/med-tele, or accompanies RN to transport patient to specialty units.
· Assists physician or RN with procedures and exams; i.e. set up and clean up for sutures, pelvic exams, lumbar punctures, application of orthopedic splints and casting, etc. Applies slings, sling-n-swathe, finger splints, application of dressings, etc. Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
· Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You (AIDET), keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, and concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
· Maintains (room and work area organization and stocking levels) per 5 S principles. Maintains rooms and work area cleanliness.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Completion of a paramedic program, LPN, or registered nurse program
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Valid Florida State Licensure as a Paramedic OR
· Licensed as an RN in the state of Florida (awaiting RN position availability – up to 120 days) OR
· Licensed as an RN in another state (awaiting Florida RN License – up to 90 days)
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course ENPC (not applicable to 5490, 6162, 6780 and 7500 Adults only transport)
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.