CT Technologist Per Diem
Facility Address: 1000 Waterman Way, Tavares, FL 32778
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources and Mental Health Resources and Support
- On-site Child Care Center
- No State Income Tax
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Per Diem
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Low cost of living combined with a high quality of life situated in an area in Central Florida surrounded by pristine lakes and lush expanses of nature.
- A-rated hospital for patient safety by the Leapfrog Group
- Named an Orthopedic Center of Excellence by The Joint Commission
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of the facilities parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The CT technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of the facility.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies.
- Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result. If necessary, notifies physician of emergent findings according to established protocol.
- Uses computer system for ordering, changing, and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly "fixes" exams on workstation or PACS.
- May be required to start and maintain viable intravascular access during exams requiring administration of IV contrast material.