Mercy — Springfield, Missouri; Inpatient/Outpatient Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Opportunity
Nationally Ranked in the Top 75 Rehab Hospitals in the Country
Top Patient Satisfaction Scores and Emphasis on Quality and Outcomes
Very Flexible Practice with Ability to Focus on Your Professional Interests
Opportunity for Professional Growth and Leadership
Mercy is seeking a full-time Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physician to join our nationally recognized and award-winning group. Our team currently consists of five PMR physicians and three APPs to support the practice. Our group is established, committed, and supportive of growing this service line. We can support a variety of interests for inpatient and outpatient PMR and can grant you autonomy in your practice to focus on what you enjoy most. Our entire team will welcome you and are very supportive of this recruitment. We anticipate a quick and rewarding ramp-up!
Mercy has a 132-year history in Springfield – financially strong and stable – not-for-profit
- Focus on the area of practice you enjoy most: inpatient rehab at our beautiful, freestanding, 60-bed rehab hospital, consults, outpatient PMR clinic, MSK, EMG, NCS, injections, trauma, oncology, brain injury, orthopedics, neuro, stroke, and neurosurgery, etc.
- Flexible workweek and options
- Great work/life balance with 1 in 6 call
- Hospital-employed with no tenure or seniority
- Leadership opportunities available for interested candidates
- Our group are world-class experts in their field; we receive patients from a 3-hour radius
- State-of-the-art facilities including freestanding rehab hospital with new equipment and comprehensive services, stroke center of excellence, level 1 trauma center, brain injury unit, strong orthopedics and neurosurgery
- Extensive referral base plus a full team of specialists (over 600 local employed physicians)
- Rated in the top 5% nationally for overall clinical excellence by Healthgrades
- Leapfrog Grade A Hospital for quality and safety
- Competitive compensation with salary, production, quality, and recruitment incentives
- Comprehensive benefits package for the entire family from day one
- Occurrence-based liability insurance
- Signing bonus plus paid relocation assistance
Living here is easy with everything you need! We have access to some of the best outdoor recreation in the country with the Ozark Mountains, a plentiful and growing job market, great schools, universities, world-class health care, and all the entertainment and cultural options of metro areas—but with far less stress and traffic plus an abundance of character and friendliness. Enjoy a top 10 city for low cost of living and top 20 best places to live and work! Springfield has an excellent airport with daily flights across the country.
Mercy physicians are pioneering a new model of care. As part of one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the U.S., this physician-led and professionally managed multi-specialty group is the foundation of care and well-being of our patients in seven states, delivered cohesively through 43 hospitals, more than 300 provider offices and virtual care. Working with Mercy provides all the advantages of a large organization balanced by an uncompromising commitment to engage physicians in leading and designing patient- and consumer-centric care. You'll discover a friendly and collaborative environment rooted in the belief that everyone deserves the most personalized experience we can deliver. What sets us apart is our unique approach, beginning with physician leadership at the senior most roles within our organization and continuing into our care locations, where physicians and co-workers share leadership responsibility and embrace new thinking and the most recent clinical and hospital innovations to get health care right for everyone we serve.
It is a continuing goal to advance diversity and inclusion within our Mercy ministry. We cherish each person as created in the image of God and believe it is our responsibility to strive for excellence in establishing an environment of dignity for all.
For more information, please contact:
Todd Vandewalker, MHA, CPRP | Senior Physician Recruiter
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.